What is Digestive System Massage?
Digestive System Massage is undertaken to calm the digestive system and encourage it to work in a healthier manner. Its techniques promote relief from short term or chronic Constipation and Abdominal Cramps due to trapped wind, as well as encouraging the gentle emptying of the bowels if you are prone to blockages and can reduce or entirely eliminate the need for the use of laxative medication. Additional benefits include discomfort and pain relief, a reduction in water retention as well as resolving Abdominal Bloating and Abdominal Distention. It can also help with pain and some cases of Diarrhoea in those experiencing such symptoms.
What are the main objectives of Digestive System Massage?
Digestive System Massage can be undertaken to improve the smooth functioning of the digestive system and specifically for digestive system dysfunction and/or pain as a treatment to:
- help relieve Flatulence (wind) and/or Constipation
- help relieve Abdominal Bloating (feeling overly full) and/or Distention (enlarged)
- help relieve pain and Diarrhoea due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- reduce the need for long-term laxative medication
- to reduce possible bowel overloading/impaction and associated health problems