What is Digestive System Massage?
Digestive System Massage is undertaken to calm the digestive system and encourage it to work in a healthier manner. Its techniques promote relief from short term or chronic Constipation and Abdominal Cramps due to trapped wind, as well as encouraging the gentle emptying of the bowels if you are prone to blockages and can reduce or entirely eliminate the need for the use of laxative medication. Additional benefits include discomfort and pain relief, a reduction in water retention as well as resolving Abdominal Bloating and Abdominal Distention. It can also help with pain and some cases of Diarrhoea in those experiencing such symptoms.
What are the main objectives of Digestive System Massage?
Digestive System Massage can be undertaken to improve the smooth functioning of the digestive system and specifically for digestive system dysfunction and/or pain as a treatment to:
- help relieve Flatulence (wind) and/or Constipation
- help relieve Abdominal Bloating (feeling overly full) and/or Distention (enlarged)
- help relieve pain and Diarrhoea due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- reduce the need for long-term laxative medication
- to reduce possible bowel overloading/impaction and associated health problems
Additional Information in relation to Digestive System Massage
- Total Contraindications which entirely preventing you receiving massage treatment in any area of your body for the good of your health
- Special Circumstances where written or verbal Medical Consent and any guidelines for treatment are required before it is possible to receive a massage treatment
- Local Contraindications which prevent you receiving massage in certain areas or in certain ways for the good of your health. Local Contraindications can also include medical conditions that must remain covered during your treatment to ensure no cross contamination or potential infection occurs
Please note: should you arrive for any massage based Appointment with any medical condition without already having checked that it is suitable for treatment the following will apply:
- I may have to look up your medical condition during your Appointment to make sure that treating you is appropriate; and
- I may be unable to provide you with a massage during your Appointment or restricted in my capacity to do so
Please be aware the below Appointment lengths are general guidelines only:
|1 Hour:||A Digestive System Massage treatment and 15 to 30 minutes of additional Therapies; or
An extended length Digestive System Massage treatment
|90 Minutes:||A Digestive System Massage treatment and 45 minutes to one hour of additional Therapies; or
An extended length Digestive System Massage treatment and 30 minutes of additional Therapies
|2 Hours:||A Digestive System Massage treatment and 75 to 90 minutes of additional Therapies; or
An extended length Digestive System Massage treatment and 1 hour of additional Therapies