What is Deep Tissue Massage?
Originally based on Swedish Massage techniques, Deep Tissue Massage works down deeper though the many muscular layers in a stronger fashion than is utilised during normal relaxation massages. I tend to work the different body areas being treated in waves to allow the heat generated in the tissues to warm up the layers below before coming back to the same area, which is very effective in preventing undue discomfort both during and after the massage treatment.
What are the main objectives of Deep Tissue Massage?
Deep Tissue Massage techniques are perfect to give you a deeper level of muscular relaxation and release than a relaxation massage and boost blood flow, whilst also inducing a similar mental/emotional feeling of well-being as you would expect during a lighter massage treatment. Generalised heaviness in the body, as well as mild muscle aches can be resolved during a Deep Tissue Massage and an improvement in flexibility is an additional common benefit.
Additional Information in relation to Deep Tissue Massage
- Total Contraindications which entirely preventing you receiving massage treatment in any area of your body for the good of your health
- Special Circumstances where written or verbal Medical Consent and any guidelines for treatment are required before it is possible to receive a massage treatment
- Local Contraindications which prevent you receiving massage in certain areas or in certain ways for the good of your health. Local Contraindications can also include medical conditions that must remain covered during your treatment to ensure no cross contamination or potential infection occurs
Please note: should you arrive for any massage based Appointment with any medical condition without already having checked that it is suitable for treatment the following will apply:
- I may have to look up your medical condition during your Appointment to make sure that treating you is appropriate; and
- I may be unable to provide you with a massage during your Appointment or restricted in my capacity to do so
Please be aware the below Appointment lengths are general guidelines only:
|1 Hour:||A back, shoulder and neck treatment and one other area such as upper arms, glutes or calves; or
A lower body treatment and one other area such as lower back or shoulders and neck
|90 Minutes:||A back, shoulder, neck and lower body treatment
A back, shoulder, neck, posterior lower body and upper arms treatment
|2 Hours:||A back, shoulder, neck, lower body and additional areas such as full arms, scalp and abdominal treatment (as time permits)|