What is Abdominal Massage?
Abdominal Massage is undertaken to provide rapid relief from any symptoms of the below conditions that you may be experiencing, as well as to provide you with a relaxing and enjoyable massage experience. Abdominal Massage can greatly promote stress relief, a calming of both the nervous and digestive system and a healthier and more comfortable sense of well being in your abdominal region as well as encouraging a lessening in return of your symptoms in certain cases.
What are the main objectives of Abdominal Massage?
Abdominal Massage can be undertaken specifically for the treatment of any of the following conditions:
- Abdominal cramping or spasm in the muscles
- Muscular tightness in the abdominal muscles due to long term poor posture or repetitive exercise
- Pre Menstrual Syndrome (PMS) symptoms
- Water Retention
- Abdominal Bloating (feeling overly full) and/or Distention (enlarged) - see also Digestive System Massage
- Muscular tightness in the abdominal muscles in the later stages of Pregnancy - see also Pregnancy Sports Massage
- Restriction and adhesions within the soft tissues due to abdominal scaring or surgery, including around C-Section scars
- Restriction and adhesions within the soft tissues caused by any abdominal muscle injury which has resulted in scar tissue under the skin and may additionally have resulted in digestive system issues
If you have any visible scar or underlying scar tissue which you would like specific work on, whether due to an injury or surgery, please see Scar Tissue Massage for further details and guidance on when this can be worked on after injury or surgery.
Additional Information in relation to Abdominal Massage
- Total Contraindications which entirely preventing you receiving massage treatment in any area of your body for the good of your health
- Special Circumstances where written or verbal Medical Consent and any guidelines for treatment are required before it is possible to receive a massage treatment
- Local Contraindications which prevent you receiving massage in certain areas or in certain ways for the good of your health. Local Contraindications can also include medical conditions that must remain covered during your treatment to ensure no cross contamination or potential infection occurs
Please note: should you arrive for any massage based Appointment with any medical condition without already having checked that it is suitable for treatment the following will apply:
- I may have to look up your medical condition during your Appointment to make sure that treating you is appropriate; and
- I may be unable to provide you with a massage during your Appointment or restricted in my capacity to do so
Please be aware the below Appointment lengths are general guidelines only:
|1 Hour:||An Abdominal Massage treatment and 15 to 30 minutes of additional Therapies; or
An extended length Abdominal Massage treatment
|90 Minutes:||An Abdominal Massage treatment and 45 minutes to one hour of additional Therapies; or
An extended length Abdominal Massage treatment and 30 minutes of additional Therapies
|2 Hours:||An Abdominal Massage treatment and 75 to 90 minutes of additional Therapies; or
An extended length Abdominal Massage treatment and 1 hour of additional Therapies